The Plant Manager is responsible for the overall operational results of Interstate Steel Processing (ISP). They will be focused on driving continuous improvement & LEAN initiatives to maximize efficiency and productivity. This role will report directly to the Vice president of Operations.
- Safety: Leads the safety culture within ISP including the ongoing behavioral based safety program. Continually reinforces a safe work environment.
- Functional Leadership: Ensure a high level of communication & collaboration is taking place between functional areas including Interstate Steel Customer Service, Quality, Applications, etc.
- Operational Excellence: Establish robust and reliable LEAN manufacturing processes to meet the delivery needs of the customers. Lead the plant operations team in meeting its cost and delivery targets. Identify and drive cost savings initiatives. Measure key production metrics such as Operational Efficiency, Tons per hour, equipment uptime, and coil change over times, etc. Identify opportunities to benchmark and networks with other NMLP plant managers and external resources.
- Compliance: Establish and enforce corporate policies and procedures to meet business objectives. Ensure all Quality programs are successfully in place, monitored/audited and in full compliance.
- Culture: Establish and maintain a culture at Interstate Steel that promotes safety, ethics, integrity and individual accountability. Maintain a positive and achievement goal oriented working environment for all employees.
- Measurement & Analysis: Track and analyze key metrics; maintain awareness of, analyze and report on external market factors as they relate to goals and objectives. Create a visual workplace where all employees are aware of key metrics and operational impact.
- Support Functions: Leverage internal administrative functions such as Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, etc. to support business operations in achieving business goals.
- Staff Development: Provide training, direction and support to employees on their assigned job responsibilities. Evaluate personnel and ensure a high-performance culture focused on accountability and passion to constantly improve. Ensure employees maintain the highest level of professionalism and competence in their work operations.
- BS or BA degree a plus.
- 10 plus years of progressive experience (5+ years in steel or high yield automotive OEM stamping industry) with 5+ years of industrial/operational leadership experience.
- Experience in a steel processing environment.
- Experience implementing LEAN Manufacturing principles.
- Six Sigma certification a plus
Critical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word & Outlook
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong negotiation skills and executive presence with key accounts and management.
- Strong leadership skills including foresight and urgency with regards to issues negatively impacting the business.
- Spanish verbal and written skills a plus.